The aim of the course is to equip students with skills and knowledge that will enable them to:-
- Demonstrate understanding of computer hardware, peripherals and troubleshooting.
- Understand, evaluate, and use popular computer software: word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, databases, graphic and multimedia programs, etc.
- Explore and demonstrate knowledge of how to maintain computer equipment and solve common hardware problems
- Explore and demonstrate understanding of managing operating systems. Select and/or use the following effectively and productively: windows, folders, files and shortcuts; install, uninstall and run various applications; solve common problems.
- Identify how to change system settings, install and remove software. Describe the different roles and rights of users on a computer.
- Critically discuss and select operating systems and capabilities
- Identify network fundamentals. Understand and evaluate different networks and how they transmit different types of data. Understand and identify the roles of clients and servers in a network.
- Understand the theory of the technology of computer hardware components: microprocessors, RAM, BIOS/CMOS, expansion bus, motherboard, power supply, HDD, FDD, CD, DVD, video and sound, and how these form a working system, maintenance and simple troubleshooting.
IT Courses offered in ICT College-Thika
|Diploma in Information Technology||18 Months||C- Minus||ICM|
|Diploma in ICT (Modular)||3 Years||C- Minus||KNEC|
|DICT Foundation (Module 1& 2)||6 Months/Module||D+ Plus||KASNEB|
|CICT Professional (Section 1-6)||6 Months/Section||C- Minus||KASNEB|
|Cert in Information Technology||6 Months||D + Plus||ICM|